11 October 2009

DFL is for Didn't Finish Last


First and foremost, big up to R1V/Arrow Bikes for putting on a great race this weekend. They turned a big flat park into a fun course and (cheap) beer garden. Impressive. My favorite part of the course was the circle of death/conch shell/pinwheel out back. Very cool.

Once again, I registered for the B and C races. It went more or less like every other C race I've done--finish in the top half in non MABRA races and just out of it in MABRA races. The sprint for 24th was good fun too. I think I scared a kid who was standing at the finish line. If I hadn't been pushing two gears too small, I think I would've won it, too.

The B race... oooh the B race. I started out DFL, so my first thought is, "I should be drinking a beer while I'm racing." Then I passed someone. Then someone else. Then maybe someone else. I'm not sure, because half way through the race I totally spaced out, eyes sunken into my head and the like. But I finished and I didn't finish last. Hell yeah. That deserved a cold one.

I've only got one more race weekend on my schedule: DCCX. School is going to be relentless for the next two months--five papers to turn in in the next 30 days and six more (longer ones) with two presentations to round out the semester.


All photos courtesy my small hipster pro photog friend. Listening to All Things Considered, cuz it makes me smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment