04 October 2010

Great success: BCA and Winchester CX

I survived. Top ten in both my C races, and not last in both my B races. I'm most excited about the two hours of extra sleep I get before races.

The 9am race in Ft Ritchie was held on a course composed primarily of chocolate pudding. The 11am race was held on a course composed primarily of wet plaster. I prefer pudding.

The race in Winchester was [expletive deleted] incredible. What a course. Jim Barnett Park has remarkable potential as a cx venue, and the Winchester Wheelmen used every bit of that potential with their course design.

In any case, I've really focused this year on making sure to register within a few minutes of a race's opening on bikereg. The difference being in the first few rows makes is absolutely enormous. I started the day on row two, and was immediately top ten coming into the first set of turns. Over the course of the race, I think I passed one guy (and lapped a few towards the end), and wasn't passed by anybody. Solid race, uneventful, want to race at Winchester every weekend for the rest of the season. I took 7th and immediately spun out my legs to prep for the 3/4 an hour later.


Photos credit LP and Bruce Buckley

Big up to RJ from the Bike Lane and everybody else who pulled double duty this weekend.

Yesterday was also my last 4 race. I'll be racing Bs full time for the remainder of the season.

Listening to a mashup of MGMT, Justice, and the Ramones. Forget Clenbuterol; listing to the Ramones pre-race should be on the banned substances list.

No comments:

Post a Comment