08 June 2009

Interns!

I love to talk shit about interns at work, at home, and at the bars. I have been loathe to talk about anything work-related here, because I don't think it's professional to air my grievances on the subject in this forum.

I've made a discovery that will surely delight anyone who's worked on or around the Hill: dcinterns. Enjoy.

Sidenote: can anyone recommend any good bicycling books? I've got the Joe Parkin book on my radar, and the Simon Burney cyclocross book on my Library of Congress queue.

Listen to Santigold. And take me with you to her show Wednesday night if you've got an extra ticket.

3 comments:

  1. The Giro D'Italia: Coppi Vs. Bartali at the 1949 Tour of Italy. For sure. (And get it on library loan - no need to spend $50 on it (tho' there's a good chance you might think it's worth it, when you're done.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than both of Lance's autobiographies that are well worth a read, here are a few of the usual ones:

    "Lance Armstrong's War" by Daniel Coyle (it's about many cyclists, not just him.)

    "The Rider" by Tim Krabbe

    "Inside the Postal Bus" by Michael Barry

    "Positively False" by Floyd Landis (Take it with a grain of salt.)

    "We Might as Well Win" by Johan Bruyneel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard the Pantani biography is very good as well. Forget the name though.

    ReplyDelete