17 August 2009

This kit is magic.

This kit. This is the magic one. As my small hipster friend says, wearing the GW kit is kinda like I'm a lady, in that strangers talked to me.

I've competed in school colors before, and it was cool then, so I'm sure it'll be pretty good times riding for the first Commander in Chief of the Continental Army and his famed velocipede regiments.
Also, someone get on the road-results.com compiling duties--we'll all thank you and you'll be very popular. Almost like you're wearing a GW kit.

Listening to a pleasantly bouncy remix of Flux by Bloc Party.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me frikken happy.

    There are very, very few people in the world with that jersey - the original GW cycling jersey, no sponsors. It's a conversation piece and relic and motivation all together. People that know it might ask you about it.

    Isn't it cool, though, when folks ask you, "GW has a bike team?" and they'll say it like that - "bike team." Those muggles.

    (... okay so when I get home to VA next week I'll bring you the 2009 jersey.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, thanks @Sigberto for the kit. The bibs fit.

    Also, bonus points for totally appropriate use of "muggles."

    ReplyDelete