02 August 2009

I'm still ready for cross season.

I had my first cross practice of the season a few days ago, and I forgot how absolutely foolish it is to carry a perfectly rideable bike up a hill and how painful it is after a few laps above threshold. Fort Reno Park is still an awesome place to train, but whoever maintains the place stopped cutting the grass on my favorite ride-up. Seucks.

In any case, I signed up for the Charm City CX race today--both the B and C race. I checked out the race predictor at crossresults.com, and it seems that I'm totally outclassed in the B race. So I'm excited. Also, I just saw that the crossresults guy(s) launched a new website--road-results.com. The cross website is awesome, in part, because of how widely it's used. We (and by "we," I mean "race promoters," of which I am not one) need to get on the ball with reporting MABRA races to road-results. If you're reading this, it's because you like seeing things on the internets machine that tell you about bicycle racists in our fair region. And given that our fair region is filled with nerds, you probably like playing with numbers (like the numbers on crossresults).

So get to it, promoters.

Listening to Ratatat's Big Slippa Mix of the Comeback by Shout Out Louds. I couldn't stop listening to the original when it came out a few years ago, and I have a feeling it'll be the same story with this remix.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! crossresults/road-results guy here. I need a Mid-Atlantic "guy" to upload road-results from that area, since I'm pretty much 1) swamped and 2) ignorant of the Mid-A scene. Drop me a line through the contact form on the site if you (or anyone you know) might be interested in some part-time data wranglin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa cool I feel famous. Unfortunately my full time job and full time student status prohibits me from taking on any extra work. Buuuut, if any of the other MABRA folks who read this are interested, you should totes get in touch with Colin. If not, maybe I can help out next year.

    ReplyDelete