21 December 2009

New and wonderful

Lots to report. I finished semester number three ten days ago, so I'm finally able to do a little reading of my own choosing. Unfortunately, this also means I'm getting started on looking for a "real" job. Does anyone want to hire me? (seriously, I'll have an MA in Security Policy Studies--Security & Development and Africa regional studies from GW in May. hire me.)

Also, the new bike finally arrived, in parts, over the last month. The final piece went on today. It's right around 17.5 lbs ready to roll. Also of note: I'll be winning the ACCC Men's C series jersey on that thing. Gotta keep the maglia rosa in Foggy Bottom, ya know?


What else... my license expired a few weeks ago, and to commemorate the occasion, my small hipster friend got me a piece of real art shit. It's a screen print called "Drop Sequence" by Anthony Cozzi. Super cool.
Oh and did you see that a cop tried to kill everyone on U St Saturday? Because snow makes everything fun, including waving a weapon around? Fantastic. Watch the video and read all about it at Wonkette. He's apparently on "desk duty" for the time being.

If you're traveling this week, safe travels. If not, lucky you. Listening to a remix of Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi and Psychic City by YACHT. Both excellent tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment