01 July 2009

Living in DC and Paranoia

I've been basically bed-ridden for the last 24 hours after having 3 wisdom teeth removed, doing the best I can to talk myself out of just spending a few minutes riding the trainer. How serious can the doctor be about 1 week without substantial exercise? Doesn't he know I'm racing in two weeks? How inconsiderate...

So instead of riding or working, I've been reading up on my blogs. I found something on the Bike Snob DC's website that has me a little worried, but at the same time feeling foolishly paranoid. BSDC apparently spotted some closed streets near our three government seat buildings. Normally, I would just classify this as another self-important District resident thinking the world is out to get him. Trouble is that I too have noticed an inordinate amount of road closures around the Capitol in the evenings in the last 2-3 weeks. So am I crazy too? Are you nervous about being in DC on the 4th?

The terriers attacked the World Trade Center the first time one month after Bill Clinton was inaugurated the first time and 8 months after W's first inaugural. I feel like this is a pattern, and I'm sure our friends who work for all the three-letter agencies in town are on top of it, but still, I'm feeling just a little gun shy these days, but maybe that's just all the pain pills talking.

Listening to a live version of Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon.

No comments:

Post a Comment