23 February 2010

Wreckage and a clarification

Skin is starting to grow back in my pulpy parts, and I got back on the bike this morning for my morning commute. Hard training coming this week to get me ready for Navy weekend. I also finally tended to my bike last night after the wreck. Check out pictures below. I didn't take a picture of the back wheel, but the valve stem apparently broke off during the crash. Pretty gnarly.

I was advised by two of my most loyal readers (code names "Mom" and "Dad") that I might want to think about what I say about competitors in a public venue. So here are a pair of clarifications: first, it's my obligation to protect my front wheel, always, no excuses. Second, when strong riders on deep teams pull cheap shots like attacking the group from the other side of the yellow line, I get offended. Sure, your safety is the most immediately endangered, but the entire group could end up being plowed by an oncoming car for your stupid, illegal attack. Enjoy the damage to my shiny new bike.

This isn't where my helmet cracked, but it's bloody, so that's cool.

Poor, poor bartape.


Torqued stem from trying to correct after the wheel touch.

Listening to VCR by The Xx. Really makes the skin grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment